View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Shantilove

Originally Posted by Kuebiko View Post
Hi Shantilove, you are not alone, also relapsed after a few months sober; I binged NYE. Today is the 2nd Jan where I am, and I feel 80% better than yesterday when hungover. I still feel ashamed and have a head-ache, feel a bit anxious, but am more able to put one foot in front of the other and carry on today. To my mind, our brains have been 'trained' to want alcohol by our over use of it and it is always going to be my weakness. I have to try harder. I became resentful and felt entitled to drink. I felt obliged to go to a NYE event even though I didn't really want to go. The reason I went is because I wanted to support my BF as he was hosting his own party at his flat. I wanted to be a good girlfriend. But I went and it started out OK but like always with alcohol, plummeted into embarrassment, sickness, shame and despair...
Next time I will apologise and simply not go along to some of these social things, because I am not strong enough, at the end of a busy year and in the heat to summer, to not drink in that environment. Shantilove I hope I have not hijacked your post but want to say ~ this is my first post - you won't drink today and neither will I. You can tick the calendar at the end of the day to record the fact you didn't drink and so will I.
Thank you so much. It feels good to know I'm not alone and there are people who can relate to me.