View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Juno11

Good morning and Happy New Year!

I'd like to thank both Dee and Winslow for helping to point out that starting at Day 1 just because it's 1/1/2016 was a bad idea. It was, and I'm so glad to be plugging away at Day 10 as I start 2016!! Midton and Grizzly, doing great - both over 100 days now!!

As I start 2016, I have a few resolutions which I like to call changes more than resolutions:

- It goes without saying that I won't drink. I also start the year Facebook free, Instagram free (I saw a picture that made me sad the other day - who needs this social media, not me), and ex-boyfriend being able to chat with me whenever he wants free. Starting the year from a position of strength and blank canvas.
- Start of 2016 journal. One of my Christmas gifts to myself was a couple of cool journals bought on Etsy (I love crafts and artsy stuff!) I set up one for 2016 and one for 2017 - they will be my sober journals for the next 2 years where I chronicle my life and trials and experiences. All without the influence of wine.
- Healthy living: set up 2 small calendars - one for physical one for mental health - where I will give myself a star for each thing I do for myself - whether exercise, meditate, attend a session or a meeting, etc. The idea is not to beat myself up when I don't make it to yoga x number of times per week, but to "do what I can" for myself each week.
- healthier eating - eating healthy when I can, no strict rules but try to eat healthy most of the time.

I hope everyone is starting the year in a good way! I'm grateful to be here in 2016.