View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 03:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ALinNS

I worked from home for almost two years on a financing project and it was tough, I was always used to working in a structured environment, working from home meant I was free to do whatever I wanted and fell into listening to the AV and it created a lot of problems.

I had to basically sit down and write down how each work day would look like, basically a balance and boundaries without drinking as I couldn't do the task at hand while I was drinking and when I drank nothing was done, I am a one is too many and a 24 is never enough drinker.

As noted it's not (IMHO) a good idea to stay inside all day, I believe we all need some form of exercise even if it's a short walk, I actually tried Yoga and liked it but stuck with their first step only, I discovered meditation helped me clear my mind and quiet the AV.

Sales are sales, worked in sales for a short stint but my 'think' is finance, but in sales I guess put yourself in the customers shoes, would you want to be buying from someone who was drinking and in my case god knows what I would say, I respect myself and others so that was not an option.

You are in the right place, welcome and perhaps you can share a bit more about what your plan is or maybe consider if you do not have one, making one.

All the best
Andrew