View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by notsure7 View Post
nevermind
Welcome and if you`re not sure? No problem.

Looking at my own drinking history there were signs fairly early something was amiss. And what I mean by signs is I would occasionally wake up not remembering what I did the night before.

Not a lot but around that time some friends and co-workers began to notice and comment on my drinking. Looking back by age 25 my drinking was well on its way to becoming a serious problem.

But I was young and could put up a great front.

So, my friends, employers and family members bought my act for another good five years.

By 30 the drink was out of the bag so to speak but it took me another five years before I was willing to at least contemplate the thought of seeking help.

Mind you I wasn`t thinking about stopping I was just willing to go to an AA meeting. Just check it out.

But this is only because I was coming in for a crash landing. My girlfriend had walked out, I was about to get fired again, my savings depleted and had started to buy hash in a country were the drug laws are serious. All bad news and all so obvious that even I began to see it.

So I went to an AA meeting and sat at table with about eight members on a Saturday night back in 1993. And that was that. I haven`t had a drink or drug since.

To be honest I really don`t know what to make of it but that`s what happened.