View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Golfdad

Day 5 - Nervous about NYE

Well after a blackout on Xmas in front of friends and familiy, waking up the next morning not know what really happened, and receiving a lecture from my wife that my kids are noticing me slurring and stumbling I am going to give the sober life a try.

I have been a casual drinker for close to 20 years, mainly drinking on weekends and occassions, but over the last 2 years I have noticed a bad pattern that once I start there is no reason to stop. I used to be a Vodka tonic type but gave up vodka about 2 years as I found myself sucking them down, then moved to just wine and beer, but found a could finis a bottle of wine in no time, and would usually open a second.

So here I am day 5 (I had planned a dry January), about 7 days earlier than planned. My nervousness stems from the annual familiy NYE party at my inlaws where all my brother in laws and me start drinking and dont stop until our wifes tell us the parties over.

I feel like I am withdrawing from my wife and trying to come up with an excuse not to go.......I will probably go and see if I can do it.

Advice?