View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Day 6

Hevyn, Dee, Mags, FWG,
Thanks! I do love me some positive reinforcement when it's deserved, and it is. I'd say my attitude is more determined than it is positive, but I'll take that. It beats hopeless with a stick.

Physically: Feeling so much better. Slept the night through, no headache (but haven't taken meds yet so we'll see), the knee barely hurts though it's ugly, and I have a bit of lower-left back pain. Could be something internal or simply the crappy couch I spend so much time sitting on by the window while interneting. Labs will be drawn in a month, so we shall see.

Mentally: A bit better, maybe meh+. Feeling content that I made it through another night without drinking. Gratified that I've not entertained any serious drinking thoughts. There was that dog walk last night, but as there are no stores within reasonable corgi walking distance that was no issue. And I just realized that I stopped to fuel up at a gas station last night directly across the street from a liquor store and the thought didn't even cross my mind that it was there. That's good!

Working from home today. That will give me some latitude to take care of some more of this clutter whilst listening in on conference calls and whatnot. Further benefit is no need to go anywhere at all, the safest way for me at the moment.