Old 12-29-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Needabreak

Actually no, you didn't just ask about how to deal with emotions. You asked about how to deal with emotions specifically related to the approach you are using toward your addicted husband. It is this question of yours that we have all been responding to.

Originally Posted by AnonWife View Post
My question is when applying incentives how do you manage your emotions? Im having success opening up options and seeing him choose the healthy alternative (not using) but
sometimes its frustrating because he has
periods of time where he is unreachable
because of already being buzzed, or obviously
high. Those times I try to carry on with the planned activity on my own or coming up with an alternate plan for myself. Usually I am able to express clearly I wished he could have participated because I enjoy his company when he is sober. Sometimes its frustrating and I still feel sad even while Im trying to make the best of it.
As far as dealing with difficult emotions in general, well, I have been known to go and get an hour massage if I am worked up about something. I do yoga regularly -- this helps. And if I am having an emotional reaction to a circumstance in my life, or a person in my life, I ask myself if there is something wrong with my own thought processes, or if those emotions are warning me about something. I have learned that it is usually the latter.

I'm sorry, but your posts are very circular, and I am finding myself less and less able to figure out what it is you are looking for. It seems like you have an approach that you want validated, and that you are getting frustrated that it isn't being validated, but you expect it to be validated at some point in the future if you just keep posting. Not sure where you are going to get with this.