View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 05:01 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
waywardson8260

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Good evening all! I just heard that the 60-90 day stretch is a really tough time on new sobriety. Did many of you find that to be the case? How did you handle it? I don't want to blow it after coming this far!!
I definitely did blow it earlier this year.

I did find my last recovery effort earlier this year to be still difficult around the 60 to 90 day mark and did a monster craving at about the 100 day mark.

This time I have found things to be much easier, now not completely without challenges, but easier. It's hard to say what the difference was, but I did take a lower key, one day at a time approach this time approach this time. I also started reading more about addiction and alcohol and learned some better strategies to deal with cravings. Knowledge is definitely power here. I have been able to get my work schedule changed to reduce the amount of work related stress and this has helped a lot. I'm working on reducing my overall stress level and just letting small things go.

In my last effort I did have the big goal and a workable strategy but ultimately it did fail. I think I felt that just getting sober would be the end all and everything else would be fine. But alcohol numbed me and provided an escape for a lot of life's problems that come to the forefront with sobriety. Right now, although I have a long way to go, I am feeling more calmness and a sense of serenity I haven't felt in a long time.

Glad you are here Key. This place is much better when you are here and posting!

Have a good day everyone.