Old 12-27-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Bigjimtheaddict

Originally Posted by liarswife View Post
Also, quick update, I did get from him this week that he started the Imodium (loperamide) to help with withdrawals from pain meds. It became out of control and hes up to buying 400 pills. There is a good blog online ( google "more on the loperamide thing") I found from someone who went through this, in case anyone is interested in researching it further. Its sad that this is over the counter and becoming a bigger problem as its blasted all over the internet to HELP with opiate withdrawal but it can easily become the new addiction bc the withdrawal is so bad no one wants to go through it. Hope this helps someone!

This is such and OLD thread but couldn't help but resurrecting it as to comment.

Long time addict. All of it, pick one and someone will remember "jim the BLANK addict".

Then the loperamide made it all so easy to disguise. Use when I chose, had a crash recovery mechanism, so I didn't actively try to find and use as if my life depended on it, I had my golden (read: green) parachute to open. Someone brought my points of being helpless against it, so hopefully you weren't too hard on him. They have to want to be clean and sober also, but it's a tough choice to make when the voices scream inside them. You loved him once for hopefully more than a couple of reasons. Hopefully some of him is left. All the best BJTA