View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Good Morning Undies,

Wow, what a crazy day again here in the northeast (PA), going to be mid 60's. I played golf on Christmas Eve and it was amazing outside. So here is my dilemma, nice enough to golf AGAIN today, yet, I birdied my last hole Christmas Eve day and was happy to end the golf year on a high note. Decisions - decisions....

Ahhh, finally that last point leads me to a point of discussion. It is so nice to feel at peace and not living in chaos. A major consequence from my past was cleared up just two days ago. I received my driver's licence without any restrictions. Over the past 51 months I had a valid/non-restricted driver's licence for exactly 27 days...21 months ago (between dui's 2 and 3 in 10 years). It has either been suspended and I could not drive at all, or, restricted for work only with an ignition interlock - then I could drive anytime but with that stupid blower asking me to breath in it like every 20 fricken minutes.

Don't get me wrong...I accept the consequences, but, it was the BEST holiday gift of all to have that restriction lifted.

Adding to my lack of chaos is my trying to live right now-present tense...between claps...right there...between claps of my hand. My mind is not burdened with past bad deeds and considering the "wreckage of my future." Funny stuff, the wreckage of my future...loved hearing that...because, when active in my addiction, I was always contemplating future wreckage and mayhem.

Consequently, to golf or not on 12/27 in PA is all good!

Let me see what was written:

Sask, no sermon to me...just a good read.

Amp, watching your brother is like seeing the past...interesting. I am glad that I didn't learn your method for getting wasted in a couple hours. In the end, for me, reaching a place that turned off the madness between my ears took quite a lot of work.

Glee, I so enjoy reading about your work on emotional sobriety. I am currently trying to wrap my head around the difference between the 9th and 12th steps as they relate to my relationship with my oldest. I heard some interesting takes on the difference. Wish I was a bit further along...oh, easy does it. Think, think, think stops at 3, past 3 with no resolve I'm pretty sure that I am back driving the bus.

BF, I've heard that old people, places and things will take us back out. Any movement on the sponsor? Hey, no more slacking on here...okay! This time WE make it to over's...

Congrats WWS, Strag, Paul, beaut and KIR for the good work at saying NO and feeling comfortable about it.

Toots, happy holiday's. Feel better soon!

Well, off to talk to a man about a horse.

Let's keep this clean and sober thing going another day, okay...

Carlos

PS: Hey Key of C, thinking about you...all okay?