View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 03:21 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
gleefan

Paul - Welcome!

Van - It's nice to see you!

I'm up early this morning enjoying the quiet and calm before the next couple days' festivities get underway. Today I have to work a half day, but will come home, cook, and host the in laws' family celebration. Tomorrow my kids will open presents then we'll head over to see my dad. My family is all local. After that I have four days off - no work, no hockey, no schedule looming over my head. I have a lot of ideas of things I may do, but if nothing gets done, that's ok too.

I've been reflecting on how far I've come since my first Christmas sober. The life I had led while i was drinking was what I'd always planned for it to be, but when I stopped drinking I realized that I had spent more time crafting what it looked like from the outside than respecting whether it was right for me - living for the outcome instead of the moment. So much of my first year sober was figuring out how to break through my and others' expectations of me and live authentically. It's been a blessing to learn how to do so.

I hope everyone has a peaceful holiday!! Stay safe and sober Undies.