View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Saskia

Amp, 8 months is really good! I realize it may not feel great right at the moment. It was around that timeframe that I very briefly slipped and went on meds after I unexpectedly ended up dealing with some very ancient trauma again. I don't think there are any one-size-fits-all solutions but could it perhaps be a good time to ramp up posting here a bit?

It was around a year that I started feeling much more solid and it's now been well over a month since I last took meds and since I last had a craving. The solution for me seems to be to read and post regularly here. I've found that one of the things that has helped me enormously has been posting in my original class thread, here, in the Over one year and sometimes in Newcomers'. The varying perspectives help me realize both how far I have come and at the same time, the h*ll I escaped. It helps to keep my sobriety front and center. I've quit thinking about when I'll read and post less. Maybe someday yet if I need to, I'd rather be here a good chunk of every day if that's what it takes for me to stay sober.

I no longer think ahead - I simply live each day as it comes :-)