View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
amp123

Congratulations on a hundred, Wayward! That's around the time when it started getting a bit easier for me. Hope the same is true for you!

I clocked up 8 months yesterday but, to be honest I've been feeling a bit flat recently. Maybe a little tired and looking forward to a rest over the holidays. I've let a couple of problems at work get me down which may be indicative of how I'm running on empty.

As recently as a week or two ago I was tearing into stuff with an insatiable appetite. I remember reminding myself at the time to enjoy it as it wouldn't last forever. It didn't!!

I have caught myself romanticising the idea of a few drinks over Christmas, but I know that's not going to happen. It's important to be very clear on things like this as it is dangerous territory to start envisaging yourself getting involved in drinking situations. Like setting yourself up and inviting the AV back into your life. I have fought long and hard to reach 8 months sobriety and am happier now than I can remember, even on a down day like today. I will surely not be stupid enough to lift the lid on my own personal Pandora's box!!!

Wishing you all a string sober week at festive greetings.🎄