Thread: Being Enough
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
Liz, what an extraordinary path you've been, and what an awesome summit you've climbed to.

Many many congratulations! I am awed by where your work has brought you, and the health and peace you show to us.

ShootingStar1
Thank you! And thanks to everyone who read my post and needed to hear it themselves today.

I will say one thing, though, about being in a new relationship: even if someone is healthy emotionally and doesn't have addiction issues, they can still drive you crazy sometimes, LOL! My boyfriend is nowhere's near perfect nor am I. We have often thanked each other for 'putting up with one another'. I'm a planner and organizer and I like to know where things are going and I like to have things set up weeks in advance. Him? NOPE. He's a fly by the seat of his pants and an "I'll just figure out my plans as the day unfolds" kind of guy. It drives me CRAZY. His house is a mess, at times, and he lives in his head and is very intellectual. I'm emotional, I'm verbally expressive, etc. He is not. You get the picture. There are times when I wonder how the heck we stay together.

But, here's the thing: I'll take the mismatch that we are any day over where I was living with my alcoholic XAH and all the co-morbid stuff that went along with it! I'll take minor miscommunications and clothes on the floor over dealing with insanity and gas lighting and manipulation any day.

Boyfriend and I have yet to say I love you yet to each other. I'm not sure why I have been OK with it, but I am. He's moved slowly and I'm grateful for it, even though I know I love him. He treats me with love and kindness, expresses gratitude for every little thing I do, communicates daily, laughs at me and with me and expects me to laugh at his quirky crap too. He is agreeable and doesn't get angry often. He is consistent with his attitudes and values and beliefs. He's boring. And, for today, I kinda like boring.....even though I still got a lot of codependent crap shuffling through my brains at times. I am finally adjusting to BORING. And, I think I like it!