View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
wehav2day

Thanks sassy! I'm glad you and furrysass settled in well. Glad you like it there. I wanna come do yoga there.

Well I took the leap and called the new landlord today! She bought the house I'm in from the old landlord, and I'd never talked to her before. She thought I was calling to explain the heating arrangement I had with the old landlord. And took the opportunity to explain she bought the place to renovate as a single family and flip it. Said she was working I another property first and coukd probably put my place off until March.

I said, "we might have a win/win here..." And explained that I got married and we are on contract for a house, I'd like to give notice. I could hear the relief. She seems like a nice person and I could tell she didn't want to just toss me.

What she doesn't know is I've turned my life around and could afford to buy this place after the reno. I even watching the market for almost a year. Julie and I could totally afford it.

So I gave notice, get to use my deposit as January rent, and it's done. She doesn't even really care if I clean because they are probably going to practically gut the place.

One more hurdle down.