View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
trachemys
Marchia in Aeternum

Well, it was the company Xmas party today. They brought in BBQ and booze and we stopped work at 2 PM to indulge.

I got me a plate, and the BBQ was from a really good place that I know. The break room is kinda small and lots of people in there and no place to sit and beer and wine starting to flow.

So, I escaped. I took my plate back to my work area and ate. Nice glass of tea.

Truth is, and I told those that asked, I needed to sit down. We're on 12 hour days and my legs hurt.

The truth I didn't tell is that if I have to listen to your usual foolishness in a small room while you're fueled by alcohol, I'll probably be on the 11 o'clock news.

/small rant over

After the meal, and an outside break, the owner kept urging me to get a beer. No, thanks. Another urge. No, I have to drive. Nothing more. I noticed later, he was walking around with a glass of water.

We had a raffle(I scored a nice set of BBQ sauces and rubs!), a white elephant Santa exchange that was fun. My prize was 1000 pennies($10 limit).

Then, the boss says, "OK, clean this building up and go home." So I got home earlier than usual with no casualty.

Hooaa.