View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
enfinthechange

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Made it back from the party and man was that rough!!! As expected, every gift except two was some type of alcohol. My wife and I didn't participate so that wasn't an issue, but just seeing and hearing all the ruckus made it difficult. I remember last years party was a breeze, didn't faze me at all...Wow, I've sure fallen a long ways! Anyway, left there determined to stop and get some beer. My wife simply asked me to please reconsider and for some reason, maybe because I'm simply exhausted, I didn't stop. So, here I sit. I'm about to leave for work and realized I won't be able to attend the meeting after all due to my son having an event. I think I'm okay for tonight...I hope, but tomorrow is another day. I have got to get a grip! I usually go for my long runs on the weekend, but with the injured foot I'm stuck doing nothing and that's not a good place for me!!! Anyway, promised I'd come on here when cravings hit so just sharing with you all...hope it get's better, I know it will if I can just make it a few weeks!
Well done...power through... I did that too.. maybe there is hope of a different way to be after all ultra dad. ... maybe there is hope. Just one victory at a time! Have a cuppa and a choccie!!! Well done x