View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Juno11

Good morning on a FRIDAY (though it would never come!)

Grizzly, I'm so glad you had a great day. I'm hoping to have a day or two just like that. This week I was unable to exercise except for my Monday yoga class mostly due to schedule reasons and I know that has contributed to my stress. As soon as the Christmas madness is over, I will focus on working out because I love it (running and yoga, mostly, maybe a bike ride when I can!) Yesterday while out shopping I picked up a copy of Oprah's magazine because of the words on the cover "THE YEAR OF YOU." I really liked that and it struck me as something I needed to read and work on. I plan to make 2016 the year of me!!

Looking4a Wagon, so glad to hear it. You're doing awesome. Check in when you can - always welcome!

Looking4 and Sydneyman - enjoy your Fitbits. I have a similar one (Garmin Vivofit) which I like I lot, but I lost interest in tracking things a while ago. I keep it on as a watch right now. And to look cool because everyone else has one of these things But maybe I'll start using it as intended in the new year!!

So I realized that I had the Christmas spirit a while back when I put up my Christmas tree, was listening to some Christmas tunes (my dog really liked the relaxing nature of Christmas music as opposed to the stuff I usually play like Twenty One Pilots and Red Hot Chili Peppers!) and then I did a lot of Christmas shopping and I was REALLY in a good mood and good spirits. But this past week sucked the life out of me because I had too many appointments, too much work and too much real life drama/issues. That's the kind of stuff that drains me. I need more:
- fun
- exercise
- yoga
- self care/wellness
- good time with family
- time for personal projects

At least I realize what I need. And will work to make it happen soon!

So today will be an interesting day. I have two kid related (school related) conferences in the morning, following by going into the office and trying to do a little work, a company wide phone call where they announce the profits for the year and how they will be shared (I will most likely get a little bonus to help offset all the Christmas expenses), and then our fun office party and gift exchange (everyone picks a number out of a hat, picks a gift, can steal other people's gifts, etc.) It's always fun. There will be alcohol at the party but it's not the main focus - there will always be yummy food - so I will be just fine. Not worried at all about this one. Then I need to turn around and run home and take my kids to see Star Wars - The Force Awakens. We have tickets already....

I will check in later - Winslow, I hope we both have better days today. Midton, how's it going?