View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

Very, very respectfully I would suggest that the following is not anything like functioning at all. I was exactly where you are now for years-- this is pure, 100 percent, alcoholism and IMHO it's going to get worse-- much worse. Alcoholics are alcoholics-- calling it functioning, in my opinion, is simply a way to make it seem it's not as bad as it really is.

Please consider starting Alanon meetings which are for people who love, or have loved, alcoholics. Though I am not religious at all, and don't consider myself spiritual either, and I sure as heck do not believe in God, Alanon still saved my life.

Originally Posted by Lmantis View Post
In the last two years, since our son has been born, he's cut down on going out dramatically but the issue is 100 percent of the time that he does drink he becomes belligerently drunk to the point where he cannot take care of himself and I find him passed out on the porch, toilet, or kitchen floor. He did well but since December 1 he's come home belligerent once and I found him this morning drunk on the driveway at 6am.