View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dimndaruf

I agree with everyone because I know from personal experience. False threats are not advised, be prepared to carry out whatever to propose otherwise, you will NEVER be taken seriously. I cant can't the amount of times I told my AH to quit or I would leave....and never left. Then I would leave for a few days, maybe a few weeks , even a few months with the threat of not retunring until he got help. I was lonelier without him than he was without me (of course, because he had his first love home with him every time I left). He would say "why are you playing games, when are you coming home"? And always ended up coming back. By the time I realized I really leaving and not coming back until he decided to get help I was already considered "the girl who cried wolf". I was out of my apt for 7 months before my AH decided to check into rehab, he swore every week and month that passed that I was would soon return home but this time I was serious!! He was sober for a year after returning....fast forward 2 years later-I've been physically separated for a year and I filed for divorce last week.

You're on your second child, I too have have 2 children with my AH. All situations are different but one thing that I can tell you is that it is a progressive disease. I have watched my AH's drinking slow down many times but then it always picks back up sooner or later. With another child to take care the stress level will increase for the both of you and that may increase his drinking as well. Get help for yourself and don't make false threats....

My prayers go out to you and your family. I can relate to your situation, feel free to private message me if you like.