View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lmantis

Someone please tell me what I can do

My husband is a functioning alcoholic. In the last two years, since our son has been born, he's cut down on going out dramatically but the issue is 100 percent of the time that he does drink he becomes belligerently drunk to the point where he cannot take care of himself and I find him passed out on the porch, toilet, or kitchen floor. He works nights now and for some crazy reason they guys at work all drink together maybe once or twice a month during the job. He had a bad night in October and I told him to get it together by December or I'm done. Although I am not a church goer, we tried to find a church in hope of meeting some role models and also set plans for couples counseling that will start in Jan. He did well but since December 1 he's come home belligerent once and I found him this morning drunk on the driveway at 6am. Obviously his behavior creates so many more issues then just the fact that it's a problem but there's not enough room to type it all. I live in fear of his drunk nights and anticipate the anger and frustration I know I will feel, I'm also 6 months pregnant and it's just too much. I just want to know what I can do to show him I'm serious about not putting up with this anymore. He obviously doesn't take me seriously or think there's an issue. I feel so helpless.