View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Juno11

Hi guys! Morning here on the east coast. It's 7:00 am and almost completely dark out. We're getting into some of the darkest days of the years. My daughter's birthday is on Dec. 20 - a very short day indeed. It was bright sunshine and cold on the day she was born in the UK. She was born in the morning and the sun was shining brightly.

Grizzly, thanks for the link. Great stuff!

Midton, about your Facebook friend - a couple of comments:

- I think she is so brainwashed into the drinking culture (like a lot of folks in our society) that she can't comprehend why someone would not want to drink and the benefits of not drinking.
- For the life of me I can't understand people who drink every night and are up at 5:00 every day feeling chipper. I'm just not wired that way. I have a couple of friends like that - go out to the bar and have a few, then up at 7:00 for spin class at the gym. My body doesn't work that way and I'm beginning to think I'm one of the lucky ones. I consider myself a champion when it comes to hangovers, and it's my body's way of telling me it doesn't want that toxin in it. My body is doing me a favor by punishing me for drinking, because now I get to enjoy the benefits of not drinking.
- cravings: I haven't been having any at all since my last binge. I think it's a good thing and relief from that constant brain process that tells me I need alcohol in order to feel good. Midton, I think it's good you haven't had cravings. Enjoy your marshmellows.

Thursday here .... creeping towards the weekend. Going to try to get in a large chunk of hours in the office today so I'll check in later!