Old 12-16-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Soberish

Questions for Those in Recovery Who Workout.....

For me, working out really helps keep the gloom and anxiety down to a minimum. It makes me feel very good. I tend to do a lot more cardio than weight lifting, but I try to do both. If I don't work out for a few days, I start to feel sluggish and unhappy. It's healthy and I enjoy it but I kind of feel like a slave to working out. I'm only 2.5 months into abstaining from drinking/smoking weed, and am hoping some day I can get away without working out (at least for a week or two).

I'm really hoping I won't need the crutch of having to workout to feel normal. I can recall a time before abusing drugs and alcohol where I didn't have to worry about working out because I felt good as I was. Exercise literally wouldn't cross my mind at all, but now it's like I know a storm will come if I don't do it. This was years ago of course, and I guess things change.

My question is if anyone else feels the same way about working out? Is it a chore that must get done in order to have a stable mood?

For those further along in recovery.....If you don't workout for let's say a month, do your emotions stay level?