View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
grizzlybearblue

Glad to hear you worked through your trigger, Winslow! I know what you mean- it's weird what can cause triggers sometimes. Maybe some snow will come your way... It snowed here Saturday even in the foothills.
Sydneyman, it's great to hear from you! I was worried : ( Each day I kept hoping you would check in. I know it's easier said than done to not give in to your urges, but I also know you can do it. Midton said a few days ago that it really does get easier, and I totally agree with him. It really does get easier with time! I'm really glad to read that you've realized you prefer to be sober. That is a great start! It's so good to hear from you : )
So I'm feeling like Juno today. I went Christmas shopping after work, and I loved it! I was in my happy place with my latte and not in a hurry for anything, it was so nice! I wanted to find a hideous Christmas sweater to wear when I go see houses tomorrow, but I couldn't find anything tacky and cheap enough. Ugly Christmas sweaters are surprisingly expensive! I decided on a t-shirt with Santa on in that says I Believe. I thought it was appropriate because I do believe in miracles! I got home and went for a run. That was really cold and not a great run, but I'm glad I did it.