View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
Day 30 - well that turned out to be a good and sober weekend. Plenty of people still nursing hangovers here today after the works Xmas party. Feel a bit shut off from it all though as I took myself out of the equation and didn't attend, don't really want to hear all about it if I'm honest and what I missed out on / what a great time was had by all and why wasn't I there - feel like I'm losing the connection with a lot of people, those close to me too as the major thing we had in common was the booze & drug fuelled nights out, I'm out of that circle now. Focusing on yesterday instead which was a lovely day with my wife, the one who really matters. Of course yesterday would never have happened if I'd been to the party as I would have been rolling in sometime in the afternoon, most likely drunk again without having had any sleep and then straight to bed fit for nothing, instead this morning there is a nice sense of calm & happiness in the house rather than the usual frostiness and sniping / general unease - it certainly makes for a pleasant change. Also the fact that out of the whole office (130 people) I'm virtually the only one with a clear head.
30 days!!! Awesome!!!!