View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Midton

Winslow,

I've never shopped drunk. At the end when I was drinking I got this terrible paranoia that everyone knew I was drinking and that I was a drunk, that I was effecting me a bit differently. Even entering a new bar on a night out left me feeling that everyone was staring and commenting about my drinking. Shopping g drunk would have caused me to have a panic attack I think. I drank to bring the shutters down, to escape into my mind. It wasn't a social activity for me.

Juno

I absolutely hate Sunday (nights) too. I get jittery about the week ahead and end up going to bed really early. I then keep getting jolted from near-sleep to total consciousness with thoughts of dying. Only on a Sunday though. As for Christmas shopping I love it. The music, the decorations and generally the people are nice to each other, in a better mood and there's usually money burning a hole in my pocket, no buyers regret at this time of year.

Griz,

Great news on your credit card. It must feel superb. I'm very wary of going in any kind of debt, as an ex-banker I've seen it from both sides. Most people struggle from a long time but eventually drown. Personally I only use a charge card where possible.

Syd,

Hope your not feeling to down on yourself.