View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Amp-that's great progress. I can't wait until I feel connected at social events. I really do like the freedom that comes with being sober. I'm starting to feel like I belong at little events for my son instead of trying to find ways to avoid them so I can stay home and drink.

Way has some very good advice on getting fit. I've always tried to stay in pretty good shape, but the last 4+ years have taken a toll. I was getting weak, aging, and put on 35 pounds. My knees started killing me, my hands are aching, and my hips. I think a lot from carrying extra weight and some just plain old life. Anyway, over the last few months I've slowly been working toward getting fit. Ive lost 24 pounds and have really started to build muscle. It's been a slow process because my body still aches, (and I was still drinking when I started) but I'm just listening to my body and modifying the exercises that I know strain me.
Take small steps each day to slowly build your endurance and strength so you don't derail your progress. Good luck Glee and Saska!