View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
OCDDan

ClearLight,
Good for you, that's a big step going to that first meeting, it was a big nervous thing for me years ago when i first went and always made me nervous back then, still kind of does. I too fear the whole sponsor thing, I have a good therapist for god's sake, if that's not guidance what is but he wants me to be totally involved in aa and i'm sure he knows better than i. My experience the other day was that the people at the meeting genuinely cared about me and want me to come back, if i could i would go with you to a meeting. I think it would be good for you to just say something at the meeting, anything like how long you've been drinking and how long you've been sober, anything to break the ice. The big thing for me is that i have social anxiety (like a lot of alcoholics) so the plan i have with my therapist is for me to keep going to the one meeting that went to the other day and then go to a different meeting once a week to get out of my comfort zone and grow socially, good luck to you and keep feeling better.

Day Trader, hey good to see you here, it's been a while

Dan