View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Hi everyone, nearing the end of day 26. Been really busy lately and soooo tired. I haven't gotten to log on here as much as I would like. I just feel like I can never catch up on everything I need to do.

I read everyone's posts from the day & it sounds like everyone is doing well with the exception of some "euphoric recall" and "whispering AV's" telling you life will suck without alcohol. (Huge lie!)

Here are my thoughts: If we drink there will be no life to "suck" because the alcohol will kill us. For example, there is a young girl (late 20's) in my AA meeting who also thought she was missing the "fun" so she started drinking again and now she's on the liver transplant list. She just woke up one day and was bright yellow. She may not live. :-(

My husbands aunt and a neighbor lady died from liver failure last year and they were young too. Everyone says "livers are very resilient and heal". BUT at some point alcoholics cross an invisible line and the liver just stops working. (Not to mention the many other horrible health problems caused by it).

Sooooo....you could drink tonight and have "fun" and walk into the bathroom tomorrow morning to brush your teeth, look in the mirror and see a yellow face! The whites of your eyes could be yellow too. You drank one too many drinks. Your liver was hanging on by a thread and that last drink just made it shut down.

You go to the doctor and he tells you you need a year of sobriety to get placed on the liver transplant list. BUT...you can't live that long without a new liver & you need it now! It's a death sentence.

You go home and realize that you are dying. There will be no more drinks, no more pubs, no more "fun", no more breaths, no more life. It's over. You've gone too far. Your body gave up.

This exact story happened to my husbands aunt, our neighbor and the girl from the AA meeting on the transplant list. Even if they give her a new liver...she still may not live. :-(

After reading that did your AV shut up? I hope so! Mine sure as heck did! My AV whispers too! It tells me all that same things yours does. The farther away we get from our last drink the closer we are to the next because alcoholics have extremely quick forgetters! Don't forget guys! Don't die! I want to live and I want all of you to live too. Love you guys! :-)