View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
canguy

Morning class......hi from over the horizon on a Saturday morning . Saturday mornings are a reward for the Friday nights.....

Patricia......you sound much better, you've done great. You have come a long way from how you sounded a few weeks back.

Enfin, sure, but there's gotta be something better than 30 years of dull sobriety as a future.

Last night I wanted to drink. Not really a physical craving....more wanting to escape that flat downer feeling .....wanting to zip it all up for a bit.
I think it was Frank Sinatra who said he felt ".... sorry for people who don't drink. Because when they wake up that's as good as they're going to feel all day".

It's a dark joke. Its the alcoholic version of reality......alcohol teaches you that your just 30 minutes or so away from feeling so much brighter, really good, up. Instead of this flat, boring, lonely (insert whatever) state of the moment.

Sober seems to be about accepting that its going to feel like that from time to time. Learning that its not a permanent state, it'll pass. Last night I could have drank to feel better for a while. Today would be written off..... Sat it out with dark chocolate and bad tv....slept and this morning came around, bright fresh, feeling way better.

Takes a while to unlearn all the old stuff tho....

Big group of ppl hitting 3 weeks today on Kiki's list.......congrats to all of you.