View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Hey faithful-routines are hard to change, but finding something different to do helps. Do you have sober friends you could go to dinner with on Friday nights? What about a meeting? Weekends don't seem to bother me in particular, it's more certain things that I associate having a drink with i.e..going out to dinner with hubby or friends. I think it's just going to take time until my "everyday default" thoughts change. Hang in there.
Thanks for your input Ultra and Sober. You're so right. We can't drink normally. I know that I personally could have one glass at dinner and call it good for a "dinner out." However, then I would think I could have one glass if we had company, one glass if we went to a party, one glass while I was cooking dinner, etc... And I know that would never work. I tried the old "two glass" limit for the last 4 years and my two glasses soon became a bottle and then a bottle +. I don't really even get buzzed with one glass anymore so I need to be honest with myself about what it is I'm really looking for!!!!
I am an alcoholic and I can't drink!

Kiki- Prayers going out for Kenny. That is sure an eye opener about ways children can be abused by alcohol!

KIR

Last edited by Keepnitreal; 12-11-2015 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Add