View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OCDDan

First aa meeting in about 15 years

after much procrastination, and suggestions from my therapist, i actually bit the bullet and went to a meeting. I'm not trying to sell anyone on aa by any means but i must say the people at the meeting were very welcoming and friendly, in the 5 or 10 minutes i stayed after the meeting at least 5 people came up to me and introduced themselves and encouraged me to come back, I'm not really used to people that i never met before being friendly to me, even as i walked out the door a group of people were there asking me if i was coming back and where do i live, It was nice, I've never been a fan before and must have been going to the wrong meetings or i behaved in a way that wasn't good, but i do feel good now. 6 weeks into sobriety and not really feeling like drinking. I guess one good reason i don't drink and use is that i have a probation officer and if she catches me drinking i go to jail, do not pass go. this is my forth time dui and i'll lose everything if i get caught. What worries me is in three years when probation is over, how can i stay sober once there's no one stopping me. thanks, have a nice night. Dan