View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 05:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Originally Posted by atxjoshua View Post
Thanks, wpainterw. I did actually throw out all the alcohol on day 4 or so, on advice from all the great responders to my initial post. I knew I needed to, but was letting the alcoholic brain try to convince me otherwise.
Glad to hear it. Another tip. Beware of the Pink Cloud, which has also been called the "Flight into Recovery" (maybe a reference to Icarus, who flew too close to the sun, which melted his wings made of wax). In this early period of recovery your body has not had sufficient time to readjust its metabolism, neurology, physiology, etc. to an alcohol free situation and your AV stirs up trouble by figuring out rationalizations to bring the alcohol back, like "Just one drink wouldn't hurt!" "You were just drinking too much. Now you can learn moderation!" "You really deserve one drink to celebrate and reward yourself on all your progress!" etc. The Pink Cloud. I've heard that one of the most treacherous parts of climbing Mt. Everest is the icefall at the very beginning, filled with hidden crevasses.

W.