View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Butterfly.....I agree that there is no need to obsess over this.......
And, I would l ike to offer one practical bit of "female" advice.

When you know that you are not ready for a sexual encounter.....never go to a man's house to wind up an evening.
Most men will not turn down sex.....and, most men would like it. so, if you have alcohol and then go to their house late in the evening and engage in hours of conversation...and, sharing personal thoughts and emotions...they are likely to consider this as a prelude to even more intimacy (like sex).
If dating is dating.....meeting to do specific activities, together....then keep it structured like that.
These are boundaries for YOU. It is up to you to convey these limits or messages, clearly, to the other person.
Maybe, you could think about a list of boundaries that you wish for the dating situation. What you are willing to do or not do.
If you are clear (with yourself) and the other person...and these boundaries are not respected....then be swiftly out the door!

Dating is to get to know the other person. That takes time, and, lots of exposure....

Casual sex is not for everyone. Not everyone can handle it.
In general, I think it is harder for women to handle than for men. Women have a rush of bonding hormones (more than men) and that makes it harder for them to "hit and run", so to speak.....

Sorry if this sounds like a lecture from the housemother......

dandylion