View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
fantail
now's the time

Hello everyone! Congratulations, 5 monthers!

Toki, the sickness wasn't so bad. It ended up being a day and a half, nothing too terrible (although I was very much a baby about it while it was happening). Thanks for thinking of me.

Upwards, I think you;re preparing yourself well for the job. That said, I bartended the other night. It was at a nice fancy catered event, everyone sipping and having little hors d'ouevres with a live band. It made drinking look fun and fancy. No one was messy, everyone was happy. I never got close to actually having a drink, but I really did want one in a wistful kind of way. As you say, it's the kind of thing that can get working on your subconscious. If you take the job, is it the kind of thing where you could quit suddenly if necessary without damaging your reputation or professional relationships?

KeyofC, hang in there. Things sound really hard right now, but I'm glad you're so aware of it and so careful in the way you're thinking about it. You still have your optimism, and that's so important and valuable. Hugs to you.

Let, I could say nearly the same to you although it sounds like maybe things are picking up a bit for you?

As for me, doing well. Busy. Proud of myself: lots of hard, heart-string-pulling conversations with the boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, but no urges to drink. Despite tears from both of us. I'm much stronger than I was a few months ago.

I do wish there were a lot more hours in the day, though. I've decided that I need to get going on a daily exercise routine before the month is up... I'm still tired all the time. I also need to see a doctor about this, as I've been saying for months now.