View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
LBrain

went to party last night, didn't take my fizzy water along cause I assumed there would be soft drinks, it was a 'search' to find an old bottle of lemon-lime and then later coke... you'd think I would learn to always take my own drinks. I usually do, but I had confidence that the host would at least have club soda. only tonic water - not for me it reminds me too much of tonic water with something else...
I sang in public sober for the first time last night... an impromptu couple songs with the guys who have been starting to play together. I was "supposed" to bring the mando along... these guys are seasoned pros and I didn't want to embarrass them or myself. but I was TOLD to practice and get 'good' soon, they need a mando player... first time I met the guy playing the bass, he's good, banjo player I've known for years wasn't there... one of the guys places at the national flat picking competitions... I knew most of the people there and got some 'wow' you have a beautiful voice you should sing for a living... they never heard my voice and didn't know that I sang at one time... Some inspiration to get off my ass... I haven't really 'practiced' voice in a loooong time... I guess not bad for winging it...
but I lost an octave or two over the years...

'tis the season,
Happy Chanuka Vet...
I looked in the 'smilies' and didn't find a Minorah, what's up with that Dee?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Hanukkah Day 1.JPG (93.3 KB, 21 views)