Old 12-04-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
VanillaChaiTea

Step12 - She has given me plenty of work to do, and I have done it all and then some. I have checked in with her every evening, as she asked me to do. She said if I get her voicemail, she would get back to me ASAP. She didn't, and I was disappointed.

I like what fini said about trust issues. I have a lot of those. I have a lot of issues, in general, after all these years of drinking. I have a whole lot of work to do.

I think at this point, I don't want to dwell on it anymore. I connected with my sponsor this morning and she and I agreed she is really spread thin. She had originally told me to go to meetings only in the particular group she goes to. I respectfully disagree with that approach. I am going to try different meeting times, different groups, take a deep breath and find what works for me.

As Dave said - it's my program. I am willing to listen and do what it takes. But I also need to do what works for me.

Whew! Thanks for all the input, everyone. Very helpful. I am trying really hard to change. It's a bit overwhelming.