Old 12-03-2015, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
VanillaChaiTea

Sponsor question and AA home group question

Good evening all,

Don't know where else to ask these questions at the moment and am glad I can come here to do so.

So, I have 7 days sober, found an AA group I really like (I think), got a temp sponsor and have been working hard this past week. I think my sponsor is awesome based on our one-on-one meeting last Sunday (she spent several hours with me). She has given me really good stuff to read and listen to and think about, and I have followed her instructions to a "T" (suggested readings, daily meetings, call or talk to fellow "drunks", check in with her daily, etc., etc.).

I am not a needy person. I have trust issues. Just saying.

Last eve I called her to do the expected phone check in, around 7:30 p.m., after last night's meeting. Left a message. No call back, no text today.

She said she would be at tonight's meeting. Was not.

After this evening's meeting, I talked with several other women that I have seen at the meetings this past week, which was a good exercise for me. I am just so closed off right now, but it was good to talk with new people focused on sobriety.

Should my sponsor be at least returning my message, even if via text? I am not trying to be weird here, but if you call your sponsor, should they call you back within 24 hours?

I want to do the right thing and find the right group and trust people. Help!