View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
GhostFace

Originally Posted by On The Road View Post
Hey Ghost. I agree with the others, pace yourself for the long run. . .

On another note, when I hit a month sober, I felt something deep inside telling me that it was going to stick this time. I told my therapist and she warned me about pink clouds and all. But I knew things were going to be different because in the past, I never fully committed to it. Never had a plan. But this time I was all-in. And it gave me a sense of peace knowing that things were going to be okay. I hope you feel that same thing, too.
I deeply understand and I also feel that Im ready to quit this time. I don't have cravings as i did before and Im not envious of others when they are drinking. The past 30 days has showed me who my true friends are (my phone does not ring anymore LOL). At first i was mad but now im learning to embraces these times as change is not easy.

Am i too hard on myself. Yes, as others have told me and sometime im not grateful for all that i accomplished. I guess im never content.

My job is really boring me and it's something i don't want to do for the next 30 years. My checked even bounced and i have lying boss who always acts as a victim of his circumstances. It's not easy for me to find work in my field due to background checks and not being able to drive so i have to stick it out. It frustrates me.