View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
canguy

Morning all,

.......here we are in a new place. Its good. Just checking in, new month, midweek, all's quiet.

For what it's worth...for me alcohol causes depression, what as young guy's we used to dismiss as 'boozer's gloom'. It becomes a spiral of cause and effect. You're down because hungover you feel like s***t. Feeling like that you can't engage, achieve, do.....which makes you feel down.....drink.....temp improvement before the cycle repeats again. Around and around. The last few years I found that it manifested itself in obsessive thinking about some significant life events of 2007-12....just going over the past again and again. Getting sober is the only way I can escape a pattern of thinking that literally traps me in the past. Being off alcohol literally allows me to create a present.
Psychologically a huge improvement. Needing this is what keeps me trying to stay sober. Drinking destroys present and future and fixes me back there.

Anyway.

Wishin us all a sober day for Kiki to add to the tallies........will check in at the other end of the day. All the best everybody.