View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
RedAndy

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
I am going to 'man up' and goto the docs tomorrow. Ask for help and advice. I can skip lessons for medical reasons, so should be OK. ... I Googled help, not sure what to go for. .. I am well known in the area teaching so many kids, so it's hard....
Afternoon Enfin,

Good move - I knew that was the only way to prove I was genuine this time by doing it myself - found a local Drink and drugs counselling and went for assessment - had to turn up at 8.30 to see if appointments available - went first day nothin available so made sure I was back same time the following morning - quite a few people there who seemed in a whole different state to myself but the fact is all have problems and was no way I was considering this time that I didn't have one as not bad as others in the fact I hold down a good job etc - I'm not happy with things and it's causing me massive problems especially at home and the blackouts / habits getting worse and worse - when you're doing sniff in the toilet at work to keep you going after a night out with an hours sleep you know there's big issues but still until now I couldn't see how wrong that was - not the first time either. Was using daily a few years ago - managed to sort that but know without getting help that's deffo on the horizon as I've been losing control again, I keep drinking / return to it and it's nailed on - can't let that happen.

Had the assessment on that second day and was sat with a most amazing lady 64 yrs old ex prison officer with 30 years experience- immediately connected with her / no heirs and graces and told me exactly what I knew but needed to hear and didn't hold back - sat there with an hour appointment that turned into 2 and poured my heart out as to where I'm at right now - was no doubt in her mind that the excesses and amounts of alcohol / Coke / e's / weed etc is way out of control and that I have huge problems with what it's causing through my life / work etc - got my first full appointment tomorrow and know this is the first step to sorting this for the long term.

Hope you're able to find the right place to get the help that you require.

Good luck.