View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  
VanillaChaiTea

Good Morning all and welcome to all the new members of this thread.

Day 2. It feels wonderful to wake up hangover-free. I feel pretty good, but I can tell it's going to take a long while for the alcohol to really exit my system.

Enfin - you are in a tough spot and I feel for you. I really, really messed up with my daughters 2 days ago. It's not the first time but I want it to be the last. Yesterday I was hungover and filled with despair. Today no hangover, but a deep sense of sadness has settled in my bones. I am going to focus on recovery 24/7 for now. That's all I can do.

I went to bed last night around 8:30; was just exhausted. Woke up at 4:30 and the first thing in my head was those daughters of mine. The next thing in my head was the reality of the road ahead. I have a very full day, which is a good thing. I need to catch up on some work (I brought work home over the long Thanksgiving weekend and it must get done today - my own fault as I have not been very productive this month due to being perpetually hungover. I have to bill my time, which means if I am not getting work done, it shows in my billable hours. November was really not good and I realized what a slippery slope I am on.) I have a meeting and other recovery-related things to round out my day. Will check in here later this afternoon or this evening.

Have a wonderful day, all. Stay strong.