View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
resolute50

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Bob...oh yeah, I'm hearing you. I think because she had had a few drinks she didn't realise she was on repeat with the, "what should I do". I was pretty blunt at times (gently) and said it sounded like she'd already made up her mind. Which I do believe. I haven't really spent a lot of time with her partner because I've been away, so even if my opinion did matter, I don't have one in that regard. And I'd never flat out tell someone to leave a serious relationship, it's simply not my place - unless there was abuse of course.

Thanks so much guys. I think I will try and grab her after work this week and see if I can gently broach her drinking with her and the impact it may be having on her choices.
I think no matter what happens she knows that you are a loving sister. I guess in many ways we have gained a sixth sense.
As you can see happening with your sister. I can see people in my life that still partake in drinking having issues they blame on everything else....but that darn drink.
I was amazed at how I drank because of so many worries and disappointments, only to find out that the drinking created a BIGGER allusion of my problems.

Glad you trust us enough to give you advice, Crois.
All of you are like brothers and sisters to me.