View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

My husband and I were in a sports store today and there was an overwhelming amount of things to buy and do just in that one store. I was watching a GoPro video and the exciting things that people were doing on the video: skiing, playing in a band, flying, motorcycling, rapelling, kayaking, etc. was just exhilarating to watch. Not one bit of the video showed people drinking and getting wasted. My husband was off this past week and although it was a staycation we fished, shopped, attended our garden, walked our dog, went out to eat, did yoga, biked, did one of those Great Escape rooms with our kids and their friends, cooked the big Thanksgiving meal, etc. Life is so full and joyful. We slept well, laughed, watched football, etc. etc. The more and more distant I get from the drinking life, the more I realize what a huge waste of time and energy alcohol really is, in reality. My husband and I marveled about the fact that in previous years, so much of this time would have been spent on us drinking. And when we were drinking, it was like we were both in our own little worlds, not really with each other or a family in a full way.