View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
pams

Good morning class! So many posts to try and keep up with! Welcome to the new comers, this is a great class with awesome supportive people.

Sober Saturday morning here and I am feeling so much more confident that I did last weekend about staying sober. I actually woke up a couple of mornings this week 'without' wine on the brain. Which was really nice. The first week it was just 'wine, wine, wine, wine' 24/7. I don't know if my brain will ever go back to the way it was prior to 2012, when I never thought about it at all really, but to even think about it less is fantastic.

Kiki & Dallow - Facebook. Ugh. If it weren't for the fact that I have my newsfeed set up so I can see the news of the world at a glimpse I would shut it down. And Candy Crush, don't forget Candy Crush. :P As well, I keep getting tagged daily in some sort of wine post...a wine bottle Xmas tree, stockings full of wine hanging on the fireplace, helium infused wine. ginormous wine glasses etc etc.

And yes Kiki, I agree that we think about out drunken antics far more than anyone else does. Other people move on, we don't, we get stuck in the shame and guilt...part of the cycle.

The amount that my body has healed in two weeks is rather amazing to me. I have had an issue with my neck and shoulder for a couple of months now that no amount of chiropractor/massage/acupuncture could get rid of. It's finally healing, it's still sore but it is finally letting go. I thought my face might explode from the pressure in my sinuses the first week, now that is gone and so is the lingering sinus infection I have had for months. I didn't realize how much bloating I had from all the wine until it was gone. I am not waking up in the middle of the night to drink 2 litres of water like I did just about every night. My sleep is just amazing; my worst sleep sober is better than my best sleep drunk without a doubt and I wonder exactly how sleep derived I was. I am so glad I stuck it out long enough to be able to take note of these things.

Happy sober Saturday everyone!