View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Keepnitreal

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
Good morning.

I had a good night of sleep. Sober nights are so much better than drunk nights!

I am dreading the weekend though...we plan on going Christmas shopping with my husband and I am worried that we might end up having another fight. I'm walking on eggshells when he's around. I just don't know what to do with all his negativity. Maybe I am too sensitive, to insecure...I don't know how to deal with him anymore. Being stuck in the house all day, living in a small town, I find it difficult to distract myself from all the negativity at home...

Right now I am having a hard time getting dressed to start the day. I just want to go back to bed and sleep until this feeling of hoplessness is over...but I have to keep going for my son.

He just came to my room and asked me for a hug and a kiss for no reason. That's what keeps me going...
Hi Patricia- I hope this goes better then planned. Are you seeing a counselor to help you sort this out? Maybe you can make a deal with hubby before you go, that if he starts to degrade you or you feel he is you just say a safe word and he stops. Let him know you want all of you to be happy and placing blame on each other isn't going to fix that. You both have a child to love and protect.
Are you in a positions where you could say "I feel that's very hurtful so I'm going to go inside this store while you're in that one? Some way to take a 5 minute break, but not lose yourself in the process?
It's just a thought so take it for what it's worth.
I was so angry at my husband (he was angry too because of the ugly things I had said to him while I was drunk) the first week I stopped drinking that I stayed in another bedroom and really loved it. It's funny how after a few weeks we are in a much better place. He has seen me changing and is getting kinder all the time.
Big hugs from KIR