View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Briar
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Happy Pumpkin Pie For Breakfast Day!

Arbor - great job pushing through the awkward start! I've found that it bothers me less and less. I usually arrive with a coffee or bottle of sparkling water already open that I'm "finishing" so people won't offer me a drink right away. That usually carries me through the typical drink offering phase. If anyone finds that rude, they don't have to invite me next time (aka they can kiss my ass because my sobriety trumps all).

And thanks! I'm so grateful for nine months. I admit it's tainted a bit by the issue I'm dealing with right now as I'm not completely "in recovery" at the moment, but I feel I've made a lot of progress, and I'm learning a lot right now. It will work out, I'm not giving up.

It was a really nice evening yesterday, though I was very tired. I ate a lot, and it was good! No one commented on my weight (well, to me, who knows if they said anything behind my back, but I don't mind that, I just didn't want to have to talk about it). Tomorrow is the giant Beast Feast at my mom's house. It's the party of the year for my family of savages . I'm really looking forward to it!

I got my blood test results back, and there are a couple things off having to do with dehydration and kidney/liver function...that got my attention a bit. I did try to eat well yesterday with that in mind. I can already tell today will be a challenge though, since I ate yesterday and will obviously eat well tomorrow too. I scheduled a phone appointment with my therapist this afternoon because I knew this would be a difficult day, so hopefully talking it over with him will help me set up a specific plan with some accountability to someone.

It's all good! Feeling positive!

Today we will put up the Christmas decorations and tree. My daughter is stoked and wants to make ornaments. Every year I buy an ornament for her to be the first one on the tree. This year it's the cat in the hat. I need to stuff him in a little gift bag...