Thread: Wanting More
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stung

Wanting More

Lately, I have found myself thinking about dating. Which, is nonsense. I'm still married and I haven't even started the divorce process. However, I have been an acting and physically separated single mother for 2 years, and emotionally separated for a few months now.

I recently went to an event by myself and while I was a there a man was very chivalrous towards me, and it meant nothing it was just good manners more than anything but I was so moved by it. It's so easy to get in and stay stuck in a space where you believe that things are your own fault but the more I get out by myself the more I accept that I'm worthy of being treated well, worthy of honesty, worthy of kindness and that there are so many people who will readily treat me that way.

I think more than anything I want the attention and I'm craving positive male attention, which while normal (especially in a totally loveless marriage) it's still inappropriate and I don't really know how to remedy it. :/

Any experience, strength or hope? (Please note that I'm not asking for opinions or judgement. I have normal feelings, I'm acknowledging them and sharing them, not acting on them in an unhealthy or harmful manner.) Thanks in advance!