Old 11-22-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
urbanexplorer

Hi TTH,

Thank you so much for your posts! I found SB this evening as I'm home alone after a day out hiking with friends, feeling a bit lonely and anxious at home with my thoughts...contemplating how I will feel when my husband leaves rehab (he completes it on Tuesday and then will be with his parents for another week and then come back to the city where we live). He booked this flight back here without letting me know in advance and I became very upset --- I think it is something he should have discussed with me in advance, we later talked through it and I said that if he comes back on that flight he can sleep in the other bedroom, but that I am not ready to resume a romantic relationship with him or sleep in the same bed at this point. When he comes back it will be 5 weeks since I've seen him. I also told him I will always support his recovery and wish the best for him, but if he does this again I leaving him for good. Much about what you said about what you are going through from rent (mine is $2400 as well), living in an expensive city, dealing with family who isn't/doesn't know how to be supportive ... really resonated with me. I'm not sure what will happen between me and my spouse, but I want to make sure I take care of myself, become stronger and feel good enough about myself to be able to build a life on my own in any event. I'm going to attend an AlAnon meeting near me this week...I've thought about attending over the last several weeks, but I wasn't ready until now.

Last edited by urbanexplorer; 11-22-2015 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling