Old 11-20-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
manicpanic15

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
I agree with ladyscribbler. And having him OUT of the house will protect your children in any event. They won't be exposed to the alcoholic craziness on a day-to-day basis.

Start documenting everything you observe about his drinking and behavior as a parent. I'm sure the drunken bike-a-thon wasn't the first irresponsible thing he's done. Don't tell him you're doing it, just quietly start a notebook or journal. Your lawyer can give you guidance.

Ladyscribbler's not exaggerating the power of careful documentation and determination.
I started awhile ago a journal of his drinking, marking an "asterisk" * symbol for every day he drinks. It is literally every day except Sunday and that is only because he wakes up at 4 pm and then leaves at 5 pm for work. He can't drink prior to work. He fills up a pop can full of vodka and acts like he is drinking pop but I know its not. I used to believe he was mixing it but he left one out once and it was PURE VODKA. Not even a tiny bit of pop. It came out clear. He will buy beer on weekends and mix with shots of vodka and act like he only had a 6 pack of beer but I know its way more than that. Tonite he just got his first thing of weed since he found out he will be laid off. So now he will be drunk and high. Oh the joy.